- Pray to discern God’s vision.The prayer warrior is like a watchman/woman, seeing what God is doing projected in the future. (See 2 Samuel 18:24-26 for an example of the watchman role. The watchman here saw things the rest of the people could not see yet, yet they had already happened. He seems as a prophet for that reason.)
- Pray strategically into the vision. Since the warrior has already seen what is going to happen, the strategic prayer is like a sword or arrow into the heart of the enemy (Isaiah 49:1-2)
- Believe in the vision and act on it as if it is already going to happen. You are not so much praying “if it is your will”; but rather discerning God’s will and praying it into existence. Strategic prayer is the only way we can move the finger of God (Numbers 14:10ff). Wow! It appears the prayers of ONE man saved an entire nation. The reason this was possible was because Moses knew God’s agenda and could pray and act into it. Look at the Model Prayer – “Your will be done on earth as it is already done in heaven…”. This is not so much a petition as a demand in the name of Christ and in His authority.
- Encourage feedback from those for whom you pray. This enables others to gain encouragement from the answers to your prayers, to praise God for what He is doing, and get better clarity on His vision, purpose, and strategy.
- Praise God for answered prayers. Share what God is doing with others. Sing about it. In this way you enable others to launch strategic prayers into the visions God gives them. The Enemy hates praise music and will leave. Dance. Celebrate.
- Secure your information. What you see, pray, and act on is very strategic. Treat it that way. Don’t necessarily share it with others unless directed by God. DO share what God is doing.
Have intercessory prayer warriors praying for you. Praying strategic prayer puts you on the front line. It puts those praying for you on the front line of danger. Soldiers that on the front line are in a dangerous position and some will fall. It’s also the most exciting place to be.